Sunday, September 4

I've neglected you, and for that I apologize.

As I lay here in bed, fighting with the blanket to keep my toes covered and watching the steady rise and fall of Rilynn's chest as she sleeps, I can't help but think about how far different life is than I had pictured it would be. When I was pregnant with Rilynn, and even after she was born I always pictured my life consisting of Rilynn, Kerry and myself. God seemed to have other plans for me though. Kerry and I haven't been together for going on 3 months now. & as everyone knows, he has been seeing other people. I hate that everyone thinks I am just bitter about the fact that he left me, because that isn't the case at all. I hope she makes him happier than I could, and that they have a fantastic relationship. I have a lot of resentment towards him for bailing on Rilynn & that's that.

Being a single mom, going to work, and taking 4 online classes absolutely exhausts me. If I can have the house picked up before I go to bed, I feel like I have reached a major accomplishment!

I can not wait for a little me time when I go see Jessica for her 21st up in Fayette! I'm so excited! It'll be my first night away from Rilynn since she was born & it is much needed! Only 40 days, 14 hours and 7 minutes....not like I'm counting or anything...

Let me update you on my little Ri Bug!
  • She weighs about 20 lbs now!
  • She's crawling everywhere and she's in to EVERYTHING.
  • She has 2 teeth.
  • She is attempting to walk, but it always results in a face plant.
  • She's eating some "real" food. (mashed potatos, scrambled eggs, anything I can smash up into small pieces really.)
  • She is "talking" up a storm.
  • She has recently tried escaping her crib, so I had to lower the mattress. (which is such a pain in the ass, by the way.)
Well, I am going to finish folding this laundry and attempt going to bed since insomnia and I have such a great relationship lately...
I'll post pictures tomorrow to complete this update post. My computer is being annoyingly slow right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment